We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to work the front reception area who is a self-motivated, prudent and friendly team player with strong detail oriented skills. We are currently looking to fill a part-time seasonal position.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Chartered Professional Accountant and Staff Accountants.
- Greet visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Communicate in a highly effective manner both internally and externally
- Manage organization of tasks, duties and deadlines.
- Maintain confidential records and files. This includes filing, scanning and managing client files.
- Answer general in person and phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner, direct inquiries to the appropriate staff member, reply to general information requests with the accurate information.
- Ensure client information is current in client management system.
- Set up year end personal and corporate tax files.
- Participate in additional duties and projects as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Experience handling highly confidential personal and business information.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Superior customer service approach, reliable and a self-starter.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision and instruction while meeting deadlines.
- Administrative experience in a business related environment
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (phone, scanner, fax, photocopier, printer, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail.
- An interest in working toward an accounting assistant or bookkeeper role is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing 'Administrative Assistant' in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 9:00 to 5:00 (flexible) until June 30th. This position may develop into a part-time, year round position.
Key dates: Deadline to apply - Monday, March 1, 2021 / Interviews - Wednesday, March 3, 2021